You are here
Configuration Management in Drupal 8
Link to the presentation : http://bit.ly/drupal8cmi
Drupal 8 will be production ready by end of this year and one of the major questions everybody has is "What is the development or deployment workflow that I should follow". This session will try to address that question.
In this session we will be discussing about the changes in Drupal 8 that will make storing, importing and exporting the configurations easier.
- Configuration Management Initiative (CMI)
- What is "Configuration Management Initiative" and how has it improved configuration management in Drupal 8.
- "Sites own their configuration, not modules."
- What does this mean and how does it affect your workflows.
- Features Module
- Will you still need Features Module?
- If yes how will it play with CMI.
- Configuration Management Walk-through
- Configuration Manager module in core.
- Using the default UI provided and Configuration Manager Module.
- What are yml files and their role in CMI.
- Exporting configuration changes between different environments, such as Development, Staging and Production.
- Configurations and Translations
- Everything starting from system configuration settings to blocks, views and menus are translatable.
- How CMI enables and empowers Multilingual Awesomeness in Drupal8.
About the Speaker:
Gokul is a Technical Architect at Azri. He started his career as Java developer and moved to Drupal spotting its potential. He has been working with Drupal since 2009 and is the core maintainer of Automatr Module - A deeply integrated Marketing Automatin tool for Drupal. He is an active part of Drupal Community Bangalore and frequently writes about Drupal.
He is a regular speaker at Drupal Meetups in Bangalore and DrupalCamps in India.
- Speaker at DrupalCamp Mumbai
- Speaker at DrupalCamp Delhi
- Speaker at DrupalCamp Deccan