You are here
Drupal 8 Multilingual Awesomeness and What's New!
There is an amazing set of new features in Drupal 8. In this session we will be discussing the new features and improvements in Multilingual Drupal 8 in comparison with D7 and how it enables developers and site builders in building multilingual sites.
- Language First in Installer
- Language detection from browser during installation.
- Optional English (You can now remove English from your Site).
- More Core multilingual modules
- 4 Core modules which will cover functionality of 20+ D7 modules in a better way.
- Improved 'Language' handling.
- 'Interface Translation' Automated.
- More flexible 'Content Translation'.
- Module for 'Configuration Translation'.
- Language selection for everything
- Everything starting from system configuration settings to blocks, views and menus are translatable.
- Language visibility and filtering
- block visibility - show block only for specific languages
- Views language filtering
- Transliteration in Core
- Automated translation downloads
- Context specific text translation APIs
- And More..!
About the Speaker:
- Chakrapani is a Technical Architect. Has been working with Drupal since 2009. Is a core contributor and community Leader.
- Chakrapani has been speaking at various drupal events in India and overseas including DrupalGovCon. Recent Events as a speaker include(2015):
- Speaker at Drupal GovCon, Washington Dc - July 2015
- Speaker at DrupalCamp Hyderabad - Mar 2015
- Speaker at DrupalCamp Mumbai - Feb 2015
- Speaker at DrupalCamp Delhi - Jan 2015